Artemys Foods is on a mission to empower humanity to eat sustainably. We are working on the next generation of meat alternatives that use cell-based ingredients in combination with plant-based meat, enabling us to create a more meat-like taste, sensory experience, and nutrition than anything on the market today.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to report directly to the CEO and work closely with the executive team across all areas of the company. You will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to provide leverage, increase the effectiveness of the executive team, and help prioritize and drive the CEO's agenda. You thrive in a role where your work is highly diverse and includes strategic planning, and knowledge and project management. You enjoy having visibility with both internal and external stakeholders and orchestrating effective communications to move business forward. After your extremely successful first year, youll have helped develop a high-performing leadership team who are well aligned and have implemented clear processes for tracking company progress. You will have helped develop our go-to-market strategy and partner landscape, and you will have helped set up us for our next major fundraise. This is an extraordinary opportunity to have complete visibility across a fast-growing startup working on an important mission, while putting you on a great trajectory at Artemys Foods (or beyond).
- As an active member of the senior leadership team, help ensure alignment across the team, while proactively identifying opportunities in which to align.
- Play a key role in strategic business initiatives, such as branding, and go-to-market planning, and assessing partner strategies.
- Help to implement and manage company-wide OKRs Monitor the status of key company initiatives and ensure projects remain on track
- Prepare and compose internal and external communications, investor updates and board presentation materials
- Ensure action items from key meetings are captured, delegated to the right parties and followed up on
- Assist in hiring processes as we continue to grow the team Manage and process email communication
- 3-5 years of experience involved in strategic business operations. This could include running operations at an early-stage company, serving as a management consultant at a top-tier firm, or as an associate (or similar) at a venture capital firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail
- A presentation wizard who knows how to craft a story while designing and building decks for different types of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills around business strategy and operations
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Comfortable solving problems with ambiguous or incomplete information
- Takes initiative and are biased towards action, on-time delivery, and operational excellence
- Proactive in solving hard problems that others shy away from
- Able to work cross-functionally (including engagement with R&D) and execute effectively across organizations
- Maintain discretion and knowing when to escalate to the right stakeholders, as you will be in the middle of everything
- Comfortable at a very detailed and tactical level, but also able to think and operate in a holistic and strategic capacity
- Direct with low ego
- Versatile and able to dive into many types of roles and do each one well
Nice-to-have (but Not Required)
- Scientific degrees and understanding of biotechnology are a strong bonus
- Experience working in multiple environments with exposure to many different, unique situations requiring creativity, teamwork, and strategy
- We are looking for candidates who are curious about food and science, who are driven to innovate, and who want to work on the future of meat.
- We work as a collaborative, multidisciplinary, and diverse team that is committed to a big vision for positive impact.
- Successful candidates will be excited to work in a dynamic startup environment and contribute as a key member of a project team.
Join us in our quest to redefine whats possible!
Artemys Foods offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and more. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor employment visas for this job. This position is for our San Leandro, CA location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.