About Propel 🦄
Propel invests in entrepreneurs building the new financial economy - from fintech to web3. The fund leads or co-invests at the early stage and opportunistically co-invests at later stages. The investment team has experience working with and for companies in the financial services industry, including card networks, retail and commercial banks, insurance companies, and software businesses. Portfolio companies include Coinbase, Neon, Brave, SumUp, DocuSign, Groww, Guideline, Newfront, and 40+ companies focusing on the US and LatAm.
Chief of Staff 🙌
We are seeking a Chief of Staff to join our venture capital team. The role will balance operations and support the investment team, enabling everyone to focus more energy on what they are best at. The ideal applicant is a generalist who loves learning new things, is highly process-oriented, has strong communication skills, and demonstrates the following characteristics: quick thinking, low ego, intuition, accountability, and passion for technology.
This role is a mix requiring creative and process-oriented thinking. You will support the investment team with parts of the deal evaluation and execution, portfolio companies with business development and hiring, and the entire team with LP communications and PR strategy. The right person should be able to create order out of chaos, allowing for more time to focus on strategic initiatives.
You will learn a lot about venture capital, entrepreneurship, and how to build a business from the ground up - and have the opportunity to meet and work with incredible founders.
Roles & Responsibilities 🎯
- Develop processes and tools to make the entire team more efficient
- Build and maintain critical infrastructure (notes database, CRM, customer portal, etc.)
- Coordinate team offsites, founder dinners, LP and Founder Summits, and support at industry events
**LP Communications **
- Coordinate the production of a quarterly newsletter and LP letter
- Establish an LP portal for customer introductions
- Improve and maintain marketing materials and develop strategies for PR
- Assist portfolio companies with business development, market expansion, and hiring
- Develop shared resources and experiences for extending the team’s value-add to founders
- Track portfolio company KPIs and develop methodologies to monitor performance
- Develop strategies for increasing the top of the funnel and screen inbound deal flow
- Oversee the investment closing process and build workflows to improve
- 1-4 years of experience, preferably in management consulting, investment banking, or high-growth startups
- Excellent record of academic and professional achievement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to navigate with limited supervision
- Extreme attention to detail
- Located in the SF Bay Area or willing to relocate