Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
The Chief of staff will work directly with our CEO and Executive Team to help guide Pinwheel through its next stage of growth. This important role will help prioritize and make efficient decisions on many strategic issues. Being a force multiplier for the CEO, you will balance strategy, project and process management, and execution, helping the CEO be as effective as possible. You excel at, and find joy in, creating order out of chaos and can build the systems needed to run daily operations.
What will you do?
- Lead the "Office of the CEO"
- You'll oversee the daily workflow of the office of the CEO.
- Assist the CEO to align time with main priorities, milestones, deadlines, and decisions to maximize execution.
- Use storytelling skills to prepare presentations for all audiences, including key partnership discussions, amplifying the CEO's communication.
- Level Up the Executive Team
- Promote best practices, communication, and coordination between the team and other leaders to ensure collaboration across the organization.
- Provide decision support through research of information and clear presentation of considerations.
- Complete important aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate execution of priorities.
- Guide stakeholders through different phases of a deal (ideation, pitching, negotiating, structuring, closing, and implementing).
- Set up internal prep meetings before calling external parties.
- Handle confidential information and sensitive matters.
What qualifications are necessary?
- 5+ years of work experience with some experience in management consulting (e.g. McKinsey, Bain, BCG, etc.)
- Track record of delivering results.
- You seek out opportunities to constantly learn and improve.
- Experience using data and frameworks to identify problems and find solutions.
- Comfortable managing ambiguous situations
- Experience with project management.
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - We are small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding our culture and being a part of the growth journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Great compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet friendly offices and Zoom spaces
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we aim to be an open and supportive place to work.