Bungalow is the largest and fastest-growing roommate living company in the United States. We’re on a mission to create a world where everyone can truly feel at home, wherever they want to live.
We work with homeowners across the US to take the hassle out of property management and maximize what they earn so we can provide renters with the best homes the market has to offer.
And we know it can be challenging living with roommates, but we believe it’s worth it. We’re removing the hassle from moving and everyday living, and providing an affordable product that helps people live in the cities where they have better access to opportunity.
Join our community! We’re looking for a Chief of Staff to support our President who can seamlessly combine the strategic and the tactical. This role will report directly to the President and work closely with the executive leadership team to drive organizational strategy and execution. The Chief of Staff will support setting and tracking strategic priorities and drive critical enterprise-level strategic initiatives. They will also help oversee the President’s daily operations and communications, facilitate the rhythm of the business, and ensure cross-functional alignment against critical business priorities.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a thought partner and trusted advisor to the President, helping to navigate uncertainty and risk, set strategic goals, and develop execution plans for achieving them.
- Expand the President’s organizational presence and improve efficiency by helping to manage and prioritize inbound requests and representing the President as needed.
- Structure complex, ambiguous technical & strategic problems for the executive leadership team.
- Analyze large amounts of information and data quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations for the Bungalow operations org.
- Steer large, cross-functional projects and build consensus with senior leadership across the organization.
- Plan and lead meetings to keep leadership aligned and focused on strategic priorities with documented outcomes and follow-up.
- Build OKR ladders and assist in ensuring goals are clearly defined at all levels of the ops organization.
- Proactively identify and resolve misalignment within the organization.
- Lead or partner on key special projects for the President.
- Assist the President in preparing for key meetings and strategic engagements (internal and external).
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in a previous Chief of Staff role for a senior/executive leader; and/or top tier management consulting or investment banking firm.
- Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, with the interpersonal capability to ensure they are implemented.
- Passion for solving complex problems, and building scalable processes.
- Comfort working in a high-growth, constantly changing environment.
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred.
What We Value
- Build better. Always challenge the status quo, constantly look for ways to improve across the entire organization.
- Focus on impact. Ruthlessly prioritize and continue to ask: "Does it scale?"
- Community first. We always look for ways to make our applicants, customers, and teammates feel more at home. We are the steady & trusted source for members new and old.
- Feedback obsessed. We are constantly looking for feedback (from customers & teammates) in order to find ways to improve our experience across all facets of the organization. We never settle for the status quo, we consistently drive progress and growth by challenging our mindset and iterating our processes.
- Move fast. We are less afraid of making mistakes than we are of losing opportunities by moving too slowly. We are a culture of builders & innovators.
- Be an owner. You are the expert & ruler of your domain. If you see something broken, fix it or work with the team to make sure we are always at our best. Always look for ways to improve organizationally and personally.
Founded in 2017 by Andrew Collins and Justin McCarty, Bungalow is the premier residential real estate marketplace. With leading investors, such as Atomic, Khosla Ventures, Coatue, Founders Fund, and Deer Park Road, Bungalow is rethinking the residential real estate market by providing renters with a more convenient, flexible, and communal living situation. To ensure our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. For more information, visit www.bungalow.com and check out our Series-C funding coverage here !