Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (Series A not yet announced but we will share more when we meet.)
Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 25 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- **We have strong PMF. **We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
About this role
Great writing, for everyone. It’s our vision for Writer, and we will reach more people, faster, if our CEO can drive the company’s priorities effectively and efficiently. We’re looking for a chief of staff whose top priority is helping our CEO shape and execute her agenda.
As our first chief of staff, you’ll be on the ground-floor helping our CEO build teams, processes, and a robust management framework.
An aligned team is a winning team, and you’ll be empowered to drive that alignment across Writer’s teams. You'll be reporting to the CEO and will be a core member of the leadership team.
- Help drive the CEO’s agenda: be the reason she accomplishes all of her goals in a week, month, and quarter
- Attend most of the CEO’s meetings and live in her inbox
- Oversee critical projects, influencing the workflows of other people within Writer
- Provide strategic guidance to the CEO
- Drive special projects as required by the CEO
- This role does not include being the CEO’s EA: you will be taking strategic tasks off the CEO’s plate as her copilot
Is this you?
- 1+ years experience as a chief of staff or special projects owner at a SaaS startup <200 people
- 5+ years experience in management or strategy consulting
- Mastery of Excel/Sheets
- Hands-on experience getting to source-of-truth data in a business: SFDC, Segment, Amplitude, Google Analytics, and any data visualization tool (Data Studio, Holistics.io, etc.)
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Intrinsically motivated: you set the highest possible bar for what you do
- A great presenter
- A meticulous project manager
- A genuine leader
- A connection to our mission of Great writing for everyone
- A natural affinity to our values of Connect, challenge, own
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules