Chief of Staff
Position: Chief of Staff
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
Blue Crane is hiring an experienced and enthusiastic Chief of Staff to help organize and oversee the daily operations of our team. Reporting directly to the CEO, you are a strategic partner, the one to ensure that our organization is well-coordinated and productive. This role will require a thorough knowledge of various departmental and company processes and is responsible for managing and/or executing multiple projects at one time while serving as the point person for the CEO for many matters.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Increase the overall efficiency and productivity of the CEO and broader organization
- Help manage operating systems and regularly evaluate the efficacy of business procedures according to changing organizational objectives - implement improvements as necessary
- Initiate, manage and/or execute special projects and initiatives
- Ensure that business decisions are understood and implemented across all departments
- Manage business planning, central calendar, and processes are driven through the CEO’s office
- Operate at a tactical, strategic, and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
- Act as a central point of contact for urgent business issues as well as initiatives managed by the CEO, provide analysis, and recommendations regarding high-impact decisions
- Help to create/facilitate communication channels, strategies, and tactics that support our goals and maintain a consistent communication cadence and socialization plan to ensure all teams have the most up-to-date information
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Blue Crane’s core business and strategic plan; regularly connect the CEO’s vision to the broader organization to ensure alignment
- Lead or participate in managing the delivery of technology and provide guidance on leveraging new technology – initial year focused on construction documentation, Lattice implementation, and migration of all data to cloud-based systems.
- Develop excellent relationships across the company – instill a sense of teamwork and loyalty within the broader team to generate proper levels of awareness and adoption of the team’s objectives and goals
- Assist in facilitating decision-making with the CEO and Senior leadership team; act as confidant, sounding board, and advisor offering sound perspective and guidance by sharing insights on meaningful business decisions, and identifying any potential obstacles
- Manage key relationships and build a process to track and nurture key stakeholders, investors, and clients
- Work with HR to aid talent acquisition efforts, onboarding, and performance management processes
- Help to facilitate KPI/team goal/individual goal data gathering and reporting as well as meetings to review
- Help manage meeting content and presentations; meetings will include Investment Committee, updates to Runway and/or Ownership, staff meetings, and offsite meetings
- Protect and manage the Blue Crane brand and reputation
Who We Need
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- 10+ years of experience as Chief of Staff, Business Director, or similar roles supporting a CEO
- Bachelor's Degree is required and a Master of Business degree strongly preferred
- Experience in real estate asset management, and private equity
- Business operations, process design, and project management experience
- Ability to operate independently with excellent time management skills and confirmed ability to deliver on multiple, competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively interact with people and partners across all levels within an organization
- Proven ability to follow through on complex projects from idea to implementation
- Exceptional written and verbal communications
- Ability to source, manipulate and analyze data
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- A quick learner and self-starter who acts independently directs one’s own work and can handle diverse tasks quickly and accurately within a high-pressure environment.
- We seek a Chief of Staff who will embrace diversity and a culture of inclusivity and humanity within the workplace.
What To Expect From Us
- A mission-based team and meaningful work;
- A wide variety of engaging, unique real estate projects will positively impact this community and thousands of families;
- Long-term organizational growth, flexibility, and career growth opportunities; and
- The opportunity to make a substantial impact in a rapidly growing and developing region –Northwest Arkansas is the No. 4 best place to live in the country according to the U.S. News & World Report’s 2021-2022 ranking, and the region saw 21.5% population growth since 2010 (faster than 95 of the top 100 MSAs).
About Blue Crane
Blue Crane is a development and real estate company that strives to create places for humanity to flourish in Northwest Arkansas. Located in the heart of the Mountain Biking Capital of the World, Blue Crane is a trailblazer for projects that connect communities to downtown, life to work, and entrepreneurs to opportunities. Blue Crane is the real estate arm of Runway Group, a holding company making investments in real estate, outdoor recreation, hospitality, and businesses committed to moving Arkansas forward.
Blue Crane is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion of a confidentiality agreement, background check, and credit check. You will also need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.