Who We Are at Elemy:
Elemy is the nationwide provider of childhood mental healthcare and behavioral therapy. We match families with like-minded therapists resulting in better care that helps children with conditions such as autism, ADHD, anxiety & depression, and bipolar learn new behaviors and reach life-changing milestones faster. Children receiving care with Elemy report an 83% reduction in problem behaviors and an 88% increase in new skills within six months. These amazing milestones inspire us each day to further our mission in delivering life-changing mental health care for every child in need.
Since launching in April 2020, Elemy has become one of the fastest-growing healthcare companies in the United States, scaling from four employees to more than 1,300 people in two years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent investors in healthcare and technology, including SoftBank, Goodwater, General Catalyst, Founders Fund, SignalFire, and 8VC.
Interested in learning more? Learn how Elemy is delivering care faster despite long wait lists with this ABC story, watch a mother detail her Elemy experience on NBC News , read Bloomberg ’s take on our Series B, listen to Elemy CEO, Yury Yakubchyk, discuss destigmatizing mental health on Wharton’s Digital Health podcast on Spotify , and check out why Dr. Henry Roane was awarded the highest award of its honor in ABA therapy, the American Psychological Association Nathan H. Azrin Distinguished Contribution to Applied Behavior Analysis Award.
About The Role
Elemy is seeking a Chief of Staff to support its Chief Business Officer, Olex Kal’tsev , who leads a variety of functions including Revenue Cycle Management, Finance, Legal, Recruiting and Human Resources. As a Chief of Staff you will be responsible for driving our people plan, operational plan, and finances. The Chief of Staff works in tandem with key internal stakeholders to create, execute, modify, and manage structured processes that drive day to day excellence. This position works with the CBO daily to ensure coordination of key initiatives. As one of the most critical and essential positions within the organization, the Chief of Staff is an effective leader who will create long-term tangible results. You will have access to Elemy’s team across product, engineering, design, analytics, marketing, legal, talent, finance, and more, to help achieve scale and support our business objectives.
Ideal candidates thrive in ambiguity, are inquisitive, and are creative thinkers that have experience helping scale businesses and teams in hyper-growth environments at technology companies.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Chief Business Officer and other senior leaders to drive long-term company strategy and vision
- Act as a central figure to impact the overall productivity and efficiency of core business functions, including piloting strategic initiatives, overseeing a diverse mix of programs, and identifying technology, knowledge, and skills gaps across the organization
- Drive key initiatives acting as ‘connective tissue’ in communicating needs across the team and across the company
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of value-added tasks from learning and understanding each area of the business, keeping senior leadership updated on major and connected initiatives, planning and coordinating meetings and offsites, and constantly proposing and testing process improvements
- Build and develop relationships with all team members for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness regarding existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Create balanced / optimal processes to support company at various stages of growth
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a Chief of Staff role and/or business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising, interdepartmental collaboration, and operations management
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans using key data and reporting tools
- Results-oriented, solution centric and proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams through planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Ability to interface cross-departmentally with colleagues and partners using exceptional communication skills
- Unrelenting drive and grit - a willingness to succeed at all costs, being cognizant of Elemy’s team development and company values while holding an analytical / proactive mindset
- High EQ and low ego; you carry an executive presence regardless of years of experience
- Domain expertise is preferred but not necessary; whereas a scrappy, hands-on approach to all tasks is
- Impeccable integrity and high ethical standards.
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and leadership skills.
- Experience in consulting, investment banking, private equity or venture capital preferred.
At Elemy, we are a globally-distributed team with many of our team members located throughout the world, including in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face-to-face collaboration with a remote-friendly environment.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Elemy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.