The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is looking for a highly motivated and analytical Chief of Staff to join our team! As a Chief of Staff , you will be a force multiplier for our CEO/founder and the rest of the executive team. You will run through walls and work on the highest priority and highest impact initiatives at Kin.
A day in the life could include:
- Partnering with and on behalf of the CEO to create presentations, memos, and financial models
- Managing and executing on special projects as designated by the CEO
- Providing a strategic perspective and recommendations to our leadership team
- Supporting our CEO in preparation of board and other critical presentations
- Leading cross-functional teams to deliver significant business outcomes
- Ensuring our strategic initiatives are progressing and are aligned with our vision
- Partnering with our communications and HR teams to create and cascade internal and external messaging
- Collaborating with other Kin leaders to ensure resourcing and priorities are aligned and clear
- Coordinating with our Executive Assistant to ensure meetings and follow-up items are complete
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 3+ years in a highly analytical & strategic role (investment banking, management consulting, or similar)
- Four year degree in an analytical subject from a top university
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheets (excel and google sheets) and presentations (mostly google slides)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated business outcomes
- Ability to balance, lead, and advance multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to create a process where one does not exist
- Thrives in a fast-moving, fluid environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Unquestionable integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Technology or engineering background highly desirable
- Experience with SQL, Looker, or other data management and reporting tools preferred
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.