At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
**Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. **
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
We are looking for an extremely organized and thoughtful Chief of Staff who will be the right hand person to the founder-CEO. You will work directly alongside him and attend key meetings to ensure smooth distribution of actions and drive accountability.
You will be a skilled communicator who thrives on connecting people, and will naturally drive to share information as quickly as possible. You’ll be able to distill complex ideas into summaries useful for anyone at any level of the organization.
You’ll run our weekly exec team meetings and have a pulse on what’s happening throughout the company, looking to close gaps in information. You’ll drive the execution against key priorities by working cross-functionally.
What we are looking for
- 4-5 years of experience
- We need a highly agile, unbelievably organized partner to be the key support for the CEO of a rapidly scaling company
- Incredible written communication skills and highly polished presentation skills. Has given board and C-level presentations as key part of a previous role
- Calm in low-context, high-pressure situations of all sorts: If we threw you in front of a partner company’s CEO on 5 minutes notice, you wouldn’t break a sweat
- Passion for technology products & innovative startups: No direct domain expertise required
- Experience at a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank or private equity firm
- Experience directly supporting the priorities of senior leaders, ideally in a Chief of Staff capacity
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholders across various geographies
- Highly motivated self-starter who is constantly looking to optimize (everything you touch)
- Structured thinker with the ability to frame and solve unstructured problems
- (Desirable) Remote or highly distributed team experience highly desirable
- US East Coast time zone
What the job involves
- You’ll keep the leadership team organized, oriented, and communicating extremely well - you’ll run the weekly exec team meeting, including defining topics to be discussed and facilitating them
- Spearhead complex, cross-company initiatives that are critical to the business or CEO yet have no clear owner, often because of their complexity
- Tackle special projects at the direction of the CEO and leadership team, which could be anything from model a new market to exploring an acquisition
- Communicate and disseminate executive team goals and initiatives throughout the organization
- Steward OKR planning processes throughout the company
- Document and present on a wide range of topics internally and externally. You can turn vague ideas into well-written policy that is shared with the company in a matter of days
- Help us scale our culture of #NoEgo and Prioritize Impact
- Report directly to the founder-CEO and work closely with all members of our growing leadership team
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.