An Energy coming in The Woodlands in seeking an intelligent Chief of Staff to provide strategic support to the CEO. Your priority is to successfully execute on all business needs and operations while serving as a confidential liaison to the CEO and key stakeholders. This position will also work in conjunction with Executive Assistants, the management team, and Board members to serve as a trusted advisor and brainstorming partner to determine and prioritize business strategies.
- Serve as a primary gatekeeper, attend meetings and call on behalf of the CEO as needed, and monitor the flow of all information.
- Manage and execute on special projects; Anticipate potential issues and proactively address; Track, report, and follow-up on the status key initiatives.
- Organize information and decision-making processes to facilitate alignment. Highlight escalation points, trouble spots, identify causes, and potential solutions. Work to resolve issues proactively and with urgency.
- Oversee daily meetings and operations, track and prioritize CEO task list, set agendas, and ensure meetings and follow-ups are complete.
- Coordinate all aspects of the CEO’s travel with door-to-door itineraries, agendas, and supplemental materials. Travel alongside the CEO as needed.
- Work with the internal communications team to draft and review all communications and memorandums
The candidate must possess a high level of personal discretion and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy, as well as the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. This detailed professional must also possess the ability to anticipate the needs of the executives and respond accordingly while working in an environment with competing priorities and deadlines. Primary qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA degree preferred
- 5 + years’ experience in a similar role
- Prior experience working for a public company
- Comfortable traveling up to 20%