Chief of Staff
The Northeast Operating Unit is looking for a Chief of Staff to lead business operations, including rhythm of the business, planning and executing region objectives and being responsible to budget forecast and sales excellence. The Northeast is comprised of over 500 people and is driving transformation across Enterprise Media & Communications as well as Professional Services customers.
As a Chief of Staff, you will be responsible for maximizing/extending the leader (Regional Vice President) while developing relationships with key partners, communicating the RVP’s strategy, and conducting external engagement and thought leadership. You will also serve as a trusted advisor to the leader. This opportunity will allow you to develop deep business acumen as a leader for a multi billion dollar business, drive culture and DE&I across a large organization, and drive accountability managing business metrics and defining/tracking key performance indicators.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- You will architect, develop, and carry out the rhythm of business (ROB), while also driving business strategy initiatives. You’ll also create and execute business plans to ensure continuous operations in both normal and adverse conditions.
- You will partner with organizational leadership to lead strategy execution, while overseeing alignment across groups. You’ll also leverage deep organizational strategy knowledge to design upcoming budgets and blueprints.
- You will provide leadership support by ensuring business activities are aligned with their goals. This will involve leading multiple workstreams, leveraging key partnerships to drive leadership agenda, and serving in the absence of the leader as needed.
- You will drive team culture by getting a pulse on organizational health and leading cultural initiatives. This will involve driving training completion rates, identifying team strengths and development areas, and ensuring a healthy compliance scorecard.
- You will drive cross-team projects as needed to meet changing business requirements and manage complex business needs. You’ll also lead project management to ensure organization-wide implementation of strategic efforts.
- You will lead collaborations with various sellers and business stakeholders to achieve business outcomes and ensure we are operating with compliance across readiness, deal execution, and customer enablement.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (e.g., Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Management, Computer Science) AND 8+ years experience in financial management, business planning, operations management, strategy, project management, human resources, or business-related roles
- OR equivalent experience.
- 5 + years people management experience.
Business Management M6 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $124,800 - $266,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $159,000 - $292,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.