Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Candidate will provide overall support to the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) Ship Self Defense System Office (PEO IWS 80), Integration Directorate; specifically to the Principle Assistant Program Manager (PAPM), Amphibious Ship Integration, by performing administrative duties, technical and engineering analysis, and coordination of staff functions.
Need: The ideal candidate will possess prior Navy shipboard experience, technical background in Combat Systems integration, understanding of Systems Engineering and how it relates to shipboard Combat Systems, and working knowledge of Navy Modernization and Maintenance practices. Previously held a position of leadership at a Midgrade to Senior level in industry or within the Navy. Able to work with and manage people, individually and in group settings. A self-starter, with strong communication skills.
Tasking: Assist the Principle Assistant Program Manager (PAPM) in all tenants of the PAPMs responsibility; including, but not limited to, In Service SSDS Modernization, SCN SSDS Installation, and all aspects of Combat System upgrades during CNO and other ship availabilities.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Attends various meetings for the 80IM PAPM and participates in discussions and conferences as their representative.
- Ensures coordination of various stakeholders to implement the PEO IWS 80IM Modernization Strategy, and support for PEO IWS 80IM Goals.
- Works with IWS 80IM staff and others to monitor SSDS CASREPS, and initiate required action to ensure timely resolution of CASREPs.
- Supports Navy wide Strategic Process Improvement initiatives, to include Great Real Get Better (GRGB), Plan to Performance (P2P), and others, and develops actions and initiatives within IWS 80IM to utilize required tools.
- Coordinates and responds to data calls and RFI’s by PEO IWS, NAVSEA and other outside supported commands.
- Support coordination of PEO IWS 80IM responsibilities, by taking the lead in coordinating and facilitating activities across IWS 80 and PEO IWS. This includes responding to data calls, development of presentations, and follow-through reporting and coordination requirements for all taskers.
- Provide critical engineering based analysis of documents, presentations, and information as required.
- Track and manage action items supporting the IWS 80IM modernization effort.
- Requires bachelor's degree in relevant academic area such as engineering disciplines, business administration, acquisition or contract management, or similar degree field.
- Working knowledge of DoD and NAVSEA 5000 series Program Acquisition Instructions.
- Must have a current DoD Secret security clearance. Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Power Point and Excel).
- Ability to conduct strategic and critical analysis, and work well with people at multiple organizational levels, including SES and Flag Officers.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- 5 years DoD acquisition program support experience. Experience providing direct acquisition, engineering, or logistics support to US Navy combat and weapons systems programs.
- Working knowledge of the Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) Integrated Combat System.
- Experience working in or with other external DoD organizations including
- NAVSEA, OPNAV, NSWCs, Fleet Commanders and other Navy Field activities.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.