Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (310) 702-7907 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Canoo’s mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production in 2022 and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo’s success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other’s back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, innovate and are at the core of our day-to-day operations.
The Chief of Staff (“CoS”) will report directly to the Chairman & CEO (“CEO”) and will work closely with all members of the CANOO executive leadership team and all relevant outside parties like banks, consultants, customers, suppliers, lawyers, accountants, and co-investors. The CoS will represent the CEO and be accountable to manage output driven workstreams to drive results on activities across all business operations, customer meetings, negotiations, investments and acquisitions, and all other CEO level topics, such as investor meetings, board meetings, industry, and customer events and more.
At CANOO, our team members volunteer for their specific missions with clear output driven deliverables based on what we call “80s” (primary responsibilities) and “20s” (secondary and tertiary responsibilities).
The 80’s of the CoS are:
- Represents the CEO and manages key communication and workstreams internally and externally with an output focus approach and full accountability for everybody involved.
- Prepares, coordinates, researches and organizes all CEO related meetings and interactions including briefing materials, notes taking and managing follow-up actions..
- Develops and manages a centralized information system that gathers information related to CANOO, its peers, its industry, and its portfolio companies and ensures accurate dissemination of key data.
The 20’s of the CoS are:
- Supports the CANOO operational teams with meeting preparations, document review, analysis, and fact finding as part of a Due Diligence or Onboarding mission.
- Inputs, reviews and contributes to the CANOO Investment Committee memoranda and board updates.
- Supports, reviews and coordinates the CEO travel with his administrative support team.
The CoS must be highly competitive, possess an entrepreneurial mindset and be wired with a team-first attitude, with no problem rolling up their sleeves and be able to modulate between leading and following as the situation requires.
- 4+ years of work experience in private equity, corporate development, consulting, investment banking, strategy, or other similar roles with an emphasis on corporate finance, business operations, capital markets, leverage finance or mergers and acquisitions or post-merger integration. The position level of the selected candidate will be commensurate with type and years of experience.
- Interest in technology, analytics, software, innovation, financials, and numbers.
- Proven experience managing highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to travel on short notice and extended periods of time.
Physical Requirements For Non-Physical Positions
While performing the duties of this job, employees may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time, occasionally bending or stooping, lifting up to 10 pounds, and prolonged periods of computer use.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine the automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Equity Compensation
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo cares deeply about the safety of all candidates who may be asked to participate in an in-person interview. While the company remains operational, some of our positions are remote, while others require working on-site. Canoo is following the Covid-19 protocols set forth by local state and federal governance and the CDC guidelines. Candidates who are vaccinated will be asked to provide a copy of proof of vaccination upon arrival for the interview. Candidates who are not vaccinated will be asked to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test that is no less than 48 hours old. We ask that you practice hand hygiene, social distance, and wear face coverings to reduce the risks of exposure to Covid-19. We appreciate your cooperation with our safety protocols while you explore your future with Canoo!