Recast is hiring a chief of staff to help us do all of the things to scale the business to the next level. This role is half operations utility player and half internal strategy and analysis consultant. We are looking for someone who has both a strong entrepreneurial take-a-project-and-run-with-it drive as well as strong analytical skills that can help push us on company strategy.
What you (might) do in your first 6 months:
- Work with the founders to develop a financial model for Recast and do headcount planning
- Work with marketing advisors to make a plan for Recast marketing program for the next 6 months
- Help CEOs craft internal (to team) and external (to investors, press etc.) communications
- Create a customer-health report in Mixpanel to drive customer support interactions
Things you have experience in:
- Working at a fast-growing venture-backed startup
- Strategy consulting and / or financial analysis experience. Or maybe you got similar experience via an MBA?
- Multi-tasking in a complex operational environment with zero-balls-dropped
- Executing independently on poorly-defined, high-stakes projects
- Writing incredibly clear and concise documents for both internal and external audiences
Things that should excite you that might scare off other folks:
- Joining a super early-stage startup to help define processes where literally none exist today
- Working directly with two first-time founders in a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Dealing with random / surprise requests from across the business (e.g., “a key hire will only join if we have a 401k plan. How do we get that set up ASAP?”)
What we offer you:
- Work wherever you’re happiest (within American time zones). We're fully remote
- Competitive remote salary along with early stage equity
- Your local holidays plus unlimited PTO (minimum 2 weeks mandatory PTO!)
- Minimal standing meetings with frequent collaboration and async by design
- Autonomy and support to do your best work in your own time
Note: Recast is committed to building a diverse team so if you are from an under-represented background in tech (e.g., women, non-white, etc.) please apply even if you don’t necessarily check all of the boxes here.
If this sounds interesting to you, email us with a bit about yourself and any relevant linkedin / github links / resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org.