CEO Chief of Staff
As Chief of Staff to the CEO, the focus of this role is to lead the planning and facilitation of the CEO’s agenda. The successful candidate will prioritize and prepare for requests and demands of the CEO in partnership with our VP of Communications, Director of Business Operations, and CEO Executive Assistant. You will prepare for and manage numerous cross-functional initiatives and engagements, spanning internal and external audiences, and the executive leadership team. The Chief of Staff will lead short- and long-term projects, act in an advisory role for important decisions, allowing the CEO to focus on leading our people and growing our business.
Trellix is a global company redefining the future of cybersecurity. The company’s open and native extended detection and response (XDR) platform helps organizations confronted by today’s most advanced threats gain confidence in the protection and resilience of their operations. Trellix’s security experts, along with an extensive partner ecosystem, accelerate technology innovation through machine learning and automation to empower over 40,000 business and government customers. More at https://trellix.com.
About the Role:
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships with the Executive Leadership Team, key cross-functional leaders, and employees.
- You will design and implement the CEO’s operating cadence, led strategic projects and initiatives, prepare for customer and partner engagements, plan global leadership meetings, with a focus on strategic preparation, data management, stakeholder involvement, then managing actions and follow ups.
- Key task ownership includes engagement prioritization and preparation of high-value, strategic meetings. The provided CEO briefings will include background information on attendees, company and customer history, anticipated requests, and presentation of data and materials as necessary.
- Believe and strengthen the company culture, solve problems effectively, and help position the team for success.
- You will align closely with the executive communications team with internal and external messaging, including keynote and all-hands presentations. Responsibilities can include topic ideation and research; script reviews; and refinement of PowerPoint slides.
- Ensure all staff issues are addressed properly, efficiently and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved.
- You will actively contribute to high profile, sizeable engagement commitments by strategizing the CEO’s role in events, agenda setting and management, data and content management and audience vetting.
- Your career experiences must include at least 5 years of operational focus and deliverables aligned to c-suite member.
- Your background and interest must include delivering high priority and diverse projects on time and in high quality. Your flexibility to adapt and manage assignments as they evolve or are replaced by competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment will be highly valuable.
- Problem framing - excels at finding structures/frameworks/models that help people better understand the problem and trade-offs at hand)
- Project management - successfully shepherds complex projects; is exceptionally organized, sweats the details, and can influence without authority
- Operate in fast-paced environment – does not become paralyzed by multiple requests, taking each task through to completion
- Impeccable managerial, interpersonal and written communications skills enabling you to be influential at all levels.
- Your PMP certification will be greatly appreciated; advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience is required.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate at the executive level. Comfortable and practiced at providing strategic and operational advice to chief executive officer and/or executive staff with the intent of improving the daily management of the company.
- Your research, analytical, operational and executive communications skills will be influential to your success in this opportunity.
- Ability for appx. 25% planned travel, including international trips is necessary.
- Bring to Trellix your sense of extreme ownership in leading executive operational efforts will set you up for success.
Base Pay Range: $170k - $196,500. Actual base pay within this range will depend on varying circumstances, including the work location, individual qualifications, company budget and other operational business needs. Compensation may also include annual bonuses and long-term incentives, subject to various metrics and company policy.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.