Business Strategy Manager
Learn moreLearn more
New York, NY
Nov 1, 2023
Learn moreLearn more
Job Title: Business Strategy Manager
Location: 100% Remote
Duration: 6+ Months'
What you’ll be doing...
- The VCG Customer Success Innovation and Transformation organization is responsible for creating disruptive competitive advantages for Telecommunication by reimagining how we deliver radically superior customer experiences.
- We have a responsibility to chart a course for our future, and this role will be to help drive the design and evolution of the Customer Success strategy.
- You will put your analytical, critical thinking, and storytelling skills to use to define opportunities and build evidence-based recommendations that will improve the positioning and outcomes of Telecommunication’s customer service organization.
- As a member of this team, your key duties and responsibilities include:
- Conducting in-depth qualitative and quantitative analyses on emerging trends and upcoming potential disruptions in the customer service and broader customer success landscape.
- Making recommendations about how we evolve and augment our strategy, in order to achieve our long-range ambitions.
- Leading rigorous analyses to determine whether concepts in our innovation pipeline meet key thresholds of desirability and scalability.
- Enthusiastically working within a team to build our internal strategy practice and support the needs of the Customer Success organization.
- Partnering with internal teams to share strategic insights and inform the development of business cases and roadmaps for key CS Innovation and Transformation programs.
- Commanding a strong knowledge of the Telecommunication Consumer Group’s practices, tools and systems that are essential for ongoing business operations.
What we’re looking for...
- You have outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
- You are a self-starter and a quick learner, able to break down problems into component piece parts and quickly educate yourself on new topics and elements of our business.
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent research and quantitative analysis skills, including solving complex, ambiguous, and analytically challenging problems
- Demonstrated experience translating data points into insights into recommendations
- Enthusiasm for storytelling skills, including the ability to synthesize information, frame issues strategically, communicate recommendations simply, and target the message based on the audience
- Advanced skills in G-Suite, including Slides, Sheets and Docs
Even better if you have:
- MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Management consulting or internal strategy experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in writing and speaking with executive audiences
- Understanding of the telecom and technology landscape, the key players, and trends
- Experience with data visualization software
- Strong empathy skills combined with self-awareness and maturity
- Intellectual curiosity, excitement about the future of telecom and tech, and an open and innovative mindset
- Restlessness with the status quo and ability to rally others around change efforts
Desired Skills and Experience