Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Business Services team is responsible for building and operating Toast’s platform of business services. We’re seeking a Business Lead who will drive a new business line focused on helping our restaurants hire and retain employees. The Business Lead is responsible for the end-to-end success of the business line with focus on P&L ownership, product and GTM strategy, and cross functional project management. This requires someone who knows how to get stuff done quickly and effectively, is an independent thinker with high marks in problem solving, communication, and relationship management. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to achieve non-linear career growth by scaling your Business Line and drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper-growth startup
In this roll* you will:
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to ensure the success of your business line from scoping, to pilots, to GA, and scaling across Toast and the broader restaurant community
- Work closely with the GTM, CS, and R&D teams to ensure your business service is accessed by the best target customer segments and is closely integrated with the Toast software platform and delivers a seamless user experience
- Conduct market research and analysis to holistically assess the business opportunity, including TAM sizing, market share analysis and competitive benchmarking to inform Toast’s growth strategy for your business service
- Set and meet (or beat!) OKRs for your business line and work cross functionally with teams across Toast to achieve top-tier customer experience Partner with the Business Service Operations team to ensure you efficiently scale your business line with a strong customer focus and cNPS Build rigorous business cases and models to support growth and investment plans
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Experience in fast-growing tech company (in a product management, biz ops, or corporate strategy role), top-tier management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or venture capital
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Experience in B2B or B2C health benefits space
- Strong market research and analysis skills; ability to evaluate market dynamics and leverage findings to inform strategy
- Excellent communication skills; ability to translate complex analyses into structured recommendations and present to all levels of management
- Adept financial modeling skills and the ability to map unit economics and build a financial plan with P&L output Effective project management skills; highly organized, collaborative, and self-motivated Restaurant, SaaS or FinTech industry experience is a plus