IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it’s not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky – people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world. Of course we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That’s why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits – to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it. As the world’s leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they’ve only dreamed of. Come explore IMAX – where innovation, creativity and passion come together. IMAX is seeking a Business Planning & Operations Analyst to support our rapidly expanding streaming and consumer electronics business's strategic growth and development. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform business-critical decision-making that will play a pivotal role in driving the transformation of early-stage ideas into high-growth initiatives. The position requires leading end-to-end analytical projects from business planning, modeling, and design to insights and executive storytelling across a portfolio of leading technology products and services. You will be equally adept at building high-quality business cases through numbers, charts, and visualizations and providing measurable, actionable recommendations to optimize day-to-day operations and long-term strategic planning. As an analyst, you will enable leadership to define a clear business and products roadmap that is data-driven, highly collaborative, and operationally sound. You will also be a subject matter expert on the essential product and business areas and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you are expected to deliver high-impact work under tight deadlines.
What you'll be doing:
- Structure, develop and present insightful analysis to provide business clarity around product/market fit, commercialization, and monetization/revenue strategy across the entire portfolio of technology products and services
- Create comprehensive business plans and memos that drive stakeholder/partner consensus; constantly explore new value creation by iterating and enhancing existing business models
- Support new strategy, data analytics, and reporting processes that optimize day-to-day business planning and operations
- Gather, analyze and visualize data across a variety of business and industry sources; create informative, well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business needs and goals; and identify potential growth and investment opportunities
- Build robust financial and data models with predictive outcomes and formulate business/financial recommendations to secure stakeholder buy-in
- Develop repeatable project workstreams to translate ideas and strategies into clear, actionable business and commercial use cases for stakeholders, partners, and customers
- Work closely with leadership to operationalize success at multiple levels of the organization through prioritization of core business objectives and disciplined product roadmap planning
What we're looking for:
- Degree in an analytical field such as mathematics, computer science, business, or a related quantitative field is a plus
- 2-5 years of analytical work experience in streaming, entertainment, consumer technology, direct-to-consumer, or related field
- Experience leading end-to-end analytic projects (planning, design, hands-on development, stakeholder management, communication, and maintenance)
- Experience collecting, validating and analyzing data. Must be able to manipulate data, develop visualizations, triangulate and summarize results.
- A passion for accuracy and translating insights into a compelling narrative; able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
- Ability to engage with the business and use data analysis to coordinate with and influence key stakeholders at various levels
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills, particularly with the development of presentation materials
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly iterative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
The ideal candidate will have:
- A creative and innovative individual, with the ability to simplify, communicate and sell ideas across the organization
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects and adjust workload accordingly
- A confident professional able to proactively resolve issues and challenge assumptions.
- A problem solver: analytical thinking skills are required to break down multi-dimensional issues to identify problems, determine alternative approaches and ensure expedient resolution
- An out of the box thinker, who will tackle issues with a risk based approach, work effectively under stress, and loves a challenge
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders
- Assertive, self-empowered and possesses a sense of urgency with a commitment to deliver.
- Capable of performing well in a fast-paced, fluid, dynamic and somewhat unstructured environment. For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company. IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular