Course Hero is scaling! Our Business Operations team is looking for an experienced, data-informed manager to lead supply-side growth for our fast-growing Tutor Marketplace Q&A business. We hire high achievers and partner with educators and tutors around the world to help students get unstuck, understand, and learn, to achieve their academic goals. The Business Operations Manager, Supply Growth, will lead the entire supply-side funnel, from acquisition to screening, from acceptance to onboarding. Help build the strategy for and lead our remote Tutor Acquisition and Application Processing teams to build the talent supply that powers the world’s best question and answer experience for college students.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Be responsible for the tutor growth strategy, planning, budget, critical metrics, operational execution, and reporting
- Lead and develop a hard-working, committed team of international Tutor Acquisition and Tutor Application Processing specialists and leads
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to identify and prioritize opportunities, define experiments, and implement solutions to run supply quality, cost, and volume
- Drive development of a supply/demand framework and real-time reporting capabilities that allow your team to granularly handle the supply funnel for efficient marketplace performance
- Develop an acquisition playbook that enables Course Hero to expand tutor acquisition efforts to new international markets
Are you our Biz Ops Manager of Supply Growth?
- 5+ years of experience in business operations, growth marketing, marketplace operations, strategy, or similar.
- Experience in a high-growth start-up, established online marketplace business or similar
- Shown experience leading impactful initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a cross-functional environment
- Remote management experience, hiring, leading and developing direct reports
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Sophisticated spreadsheet skills (pivots and functions) in Excel and Google Sheets
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools like Tableau
- Proficiency with writing SQL
- Experience optimizing user funnels
- Experience leading via OKRs
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.