About Daniel Watney
We are a team of chartered surveyors and property specialists with a client base extending from central London across the UK. Our property advice covers all areas of commercial and residential real estate and professional services. We offer an innovative and flexible approach, tailor made to client needs.
Our extensive and long-standing client base includes portfolio and estate landlords, charities, residential and commercial owners and developers, property companies, local authorities and a broad range of commercial occupiers. Unusually for a firm of around 80 staff we cover a full range of property services across 10 teams and from our single office based in Fleet Street.
Whilst the firm is long established, we are very much forward looking to ensure our business achieves its commercial objectives in the context of its Environmental, Social and Governance commitments.
We are looking to recruit a Business Operations Manager to support Daniel Watney in delivering the firm’s growth ambitions. The role will report directly to the Partners.
The candidate must be able to work with a high level of autonomy, well organised with excellent leadership qualities and an ability to positively influence others.
Experience in the property industry is not essential; however, candidates must be able to show an understanding of the needs of a growing professional practice and have sufficient experience to demonstrate competency in the primary duties.
The successful candidate will oversee the business support functions of the firm, its administrative systems and may lead on specific projects, including CRM. The role is an intrinsic part of the firm’s business services function, and the candidate will likely assume a leading role in this regard contributing to the strategic development of the business and its operations.
Key Responsibilities will Include:
- Management of the administrative and front-of-house team members;
- Overseeing and management of office functions and facilities including reception, communal and meeting areas
- Responsibility for measurement and efficiency of internal systems & procedures;
- Oversee IT and telecoms systems, including connectivity and AV facilities and liaise with third party suppliers for improved service levels across the business;
- Close collaboration with and coordination of the business services team, including Finance, HR and Marketing;
- Stewardship of business compliance including insurance, certification, and professional accreditation;
- Review, negotiate and manage relevant contracts, including relationships with key suppliers;.
- Setting direction and leading on Environmental, Social and Governance policies;
- Project and process leadership and management to fulfil strategic and growth initiatives;
- Development of an integrated client relationship management (CRM) system to streamline processes and strengthen client relationships;
- Oversee change management and critical path projects on a prioritised basis managing timelines and budgets, and third party providers as needed;
- On-going data management and analysis and timely reporting of the business service function to the Executive/ Partners/department heads.
To be successful in this role you will need to have proven work experience as a business operations manager, or similar role. You will demonstrate the ability to direct and develop business structures in order to meet operational requirements and achieve agreed strategic objectives. You will be able to show a sound capacity to understand the business and its administrative and operational needs, and evidence how you would prioritise and manage the competing challenges in meeting these requirements. Importantly, you will be able to demonstrate your desire to be at the heart of an inclusive and diverse business structure focussed on effecting change and progression in its specialist fields.
Skills & Requirements
· Ability to create a reliable and effective operational and business framework to support the firms aims and objectives;
· Minimum five years’ experience of organisational and operations management;
· Minimum of three years’ experience in a management role relevant to the role;
· Ability to analyse and identify challenges and opportunities; consider options and implement solutions to a wide range of operational circumstances;
· Good data analysis, planning and organisational skills;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Strong leadership, people management and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to be patient, understanding and constructive in a busy and pressured environment and be a positive influence on your direct reports and the wider firm;
· Desire and drive in effecting change and managing projects;
· Good working knowledge of IT systems including the latest Microsoft operating platforms;
· A shared ethos of inclusivity and diversity, and positive contributions to the business and its working environment.