Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, Homecoming, Conviction, and The Journal. We make shows that help create a world more full of human connection and understanding. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team of top editorial talent. We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing shows for listeners, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. We’re proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
The Role: Business Operations Lead, Gimlet
Gimlet is looking for a Business Operations lead. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and passionate about the digital entertainment space in general and podcasts in particular. In this role, you’ll oversee business-side operations for Gimlet, with a particular focus on project management of strategic initiatives, forecasting and planning, measurement and reporting, coordinating office facilities and IT support, and ensuring efficiency across Gimlet and the rest of Spotify Studios as well as the broader organization.
If you enjoy fast-paced, high-energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, love podcasts, and have a track record of multi-tasking and helping to solve complex problems, this is the role for you.
This role is based in Gimlet’s offices in Brooklyn working day-to-day with the Gimlet executive team, and reporting to the Head of Business Operations, Spotify Studios.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership over maximizing the value of Gimlet content, in partnership with the relevant stakeholder groups at Spotify: driving on- and off-platform audience growth with marketing and content promo, driving ad revenue with our commercial partners, and increasing platform value with our product and audience development teams
- Oversee all aspects of Gimlet’s performance metrics in-line with this goal, including budgets, content consumption and performance goals, and much more
- Set, track, and report against these numerical targets, including quarterly forecasting, weekly/monthly financial reports, headcount planning, and content KPIs
- Project manage the deployment of any Spotify strategic initiatives as it relates to operations, business planning, or strategy of Gimlet
- Collaborate with our internal finance and analytics teams to evaluate and communicate performance of organization with regard to operational goals, budgets and forecasts
- Provide insight and recommendations, including internal and external content trends, to inform short- and long-term growth plan and to assist Gimlet’s MD in related decision making
- Manage records and reporting for Gimlet’s slate of programming
- Facilitate commercial go-to-market in partnership with our sales team
- Collaborate with marketing and content promo teams to apply learnings from promotional efforts and marketing investments for future decision making
What You'll Bring
- You have 5+ years of experience working in a business operations, finance or consulting role, ideally within the media industry. You have a BA or BS (MBA preferred)
- You have excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- You have outstanding communication and presentation skills
- You are a self-starter with excellent time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.