Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, offering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, analytics, and other web computing services to customers all over the world. AWS operates a globally distributed environment at massive levels of scale, offering over 200 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. Within the AWS WW Commercial Sales (WWCS) organization, the Sales Strategy and Operations team is responsible for supporting Leadership, Sales, and Operational teams in achieving organizational objectives and driving continuous improvements in field productivity. We own and deliver “run the business” (RTB) operational cadences, build new mechanisms to support organizational growth and scale, and drive organizational initiatives.
The Business Operations function within WWCS Sales Strategy, Operations & Enablement (SSOE) is responsible for defining and leading the operating cadence for the Commercial Sales business. This role works closely across Commercial Sales leaders and teams to build and run mechanisms that allow us to manage the business. We are seeking a Lead for the Business Operations function who will own operating cadences (e.g. Sales Forecasting, Top Deals, International Business Reviews, Monthly Business Review etc.), build new mechanisms, interlock across Geos and with cross functional teams such as Marketing, Partner, and Specialist Sales, and coordinate WWCS contributions to AWS mechanisms (e.g. Weekly Business Reviews, Monthly Metric Reviews).
The ideal candidate will have a deep sales operations background and fluency with how large, global, high-tech sales organizations operate go-to-market activities. They will have led sales transformation efforts focused on scaling operations for productivity and business insights delivery. They will be passionate about the field organization and developing innovative solutions that empower decision-making and return time for customer-facing, value-added selling activities.
Necessary technical skills include depth of expertise across CRM and BI solution stacks. Importantly, the right candidate will have demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems. This individual must be able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, building and managing sales operations mechanisms that can scale with the growth of the business.
Preferred locations: New York, NY / Seattle, WA / Arlington, VA / San Francisco, CA.
Open to candidates within a reasonable distance of AWS Office location.
Relocation assistance available within the United States.
Key job responsibilities
Key Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Manage sales operations programs across multiple organizations and stakeholders.
- Drive global standardization of program delivery practices, businesses processes, and reporting.
- Work directly within global sales data to orchestrate metrics, key performance indicators and decision criteria.
- Utilize tools including, Excel, SQL, and Tableau to create dashboards and insights from data.
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders to create and operationalize sales operations mechanisms and best practices.
- BA/BS Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Business Planning, Operations, Strategy, Finance, Business Development, or other related fields
- Demonstrated successful track record planning and executing strategic and operational deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive to completion
- Strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading data-driven analyses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to senior leadership
- Experience working within a high-growth, global technology company
- Strong business process design experience with end-to-end demonstration of results
- Knowledge of the development and implementation of systems/tools utilized for CRM, sales compensation, revenue reporting, forecasting, and sales force automation
- Exhibits sound business judgment and a proven ability to influence others
- Motivated self-starter, proactive, collaborative and delivers results
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Job ID: A1992327