We’re on a mission to unlock the full potential of professionals and organizations everywhere — by making the best learning accessible to everyone.
Sparkwise is an early-stage, VC-backed startup reimagining how people learn online.
The Future of Work is getting more and more complex. People need to continuously advance their skills to build a thriving career. But today’s workplace learning solutions fall woefully short. Scalable software, such as click-click eLearning, is too ineffective. 90%+ of $350B training goes towards live expert-led instruction, which is very expensive. This is creating huge disparities in the quality of professional development between well-resourced enterprises vs. the rest.
At Sparkwise, we’re pioneering a multiplayer learning platform: professionals build skills by solving fast-paced challenges in live small groups—fully guided by technology.
Since launching at the beginning of 2022, we’ve grown rapidly to dozens of corporate customers. We see 85% completion (vs. <15% of traditional eLearning), and 90%+ learners say Sparkwise is both highly engaging and applicable to their day-to-day.
We’re a remote company with teammates based in different parts of the US.
We are proven operators who bring experiences from McKinsey, Minerva, Asana, Teach for America, and more. We’re well-funded, having just raised funding from top VCs and angels.
👋 Where you come in
We’re growing rapidly. Our core operations are getting increasingly complex and time-consuming for the founders to lead, alongside all other parts of the business.
We'd love to welcome an all-around teammate who’s excited to take the wheel on critical business operations, with opportunities to dive into many other parts of the business.
Could that be you? 😎
💥 What you’ll do
- Run, systematize, and continuously improve ops for various functions — you’ll wear many hats, such as managing the day-to-day ops of Sparkwise learning sessions, designing the right automations to improve efficiency, building out our Customer Success function, supporting go-to-market/sales, and more
- Tackle diverse priorities alongside founders as they arise — could range from top-level strategy sessions, to learner data analysis, to detailed execution
🌟 Who you are
✔️ Your experiences
- You’ve worked in high-performing, team-first environments (management consulting, high-growth startups, etc.)
- You’ve led significant workstreams end-to-end (vs. discrete tasks within an initiative)
- You’ve managed interactions with senior leaders and/or customers
✔️ Your skills
- Smart generalist — Organized, detail-oriented, and keeps trains running on time; able to run data analyses on Excel and create business presentations
- Full ownership — Can own critical initiatives, pulling in help as needed (vs. requiring active oversight and input)
- Strong ability to “altitude shift” — Zoom out for high-level strategic thinking (unafraid to ask and tackle big questions), then zoom back in to ruthlessly prioritize and execute
- Outstanding people skills — Thrive working in teams, brings a deep level of empathy, and can connect easily with many types of people
✔️ Your mindset
- Hungry to learn by doing — Excited to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done (even they fall outside of your natural area of responsibilities)
- You get the startup grind — Proactive, embrace ambiguity, and understand that the company’s directions and your responsibilities will continuously evolve
💖 Why you might be excited
✨ Catapult your career
- You get to be a core member of a team that brings deep domain expertise and connections to top investors and operators.
- The more ownership you show and the more impact you drive, the more opportunities you’ll get to grow as a leader within the company.
✨ Make an impact
- We have an opportunity to transform the work lives of millions of people.
- You'll be given a lot of autonomy, and infinite room for growth. You can help us define and refine what great bizops look like.
- You’ll shape the trajectory and culture of our company as a core team member.
✨ Work with a caring team
- We’re eager to help you grow as a whole person. The 3 founders are proven and caring people leaders of diverse and distributed teams (references available!).
🎨 Equal opportunity
Sparkwise is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or military and veteran status.
We do require that you have authorization to work in the country in which you intend to live.
We are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where differences are celebrated and supported!
🍀 Meet the Team
The 3 founders bring deep expertise and passion in edtech, Future of Work, and venture building:
- Ari (CTO) has been building edtech for 15+ years, as Chief Learning Scientist (and employee #1) at Minerva, CTO at Calbright College, and Chief Learning Architect at Grockit. CS PhD.
- Romain (COO) was a former People function leader at McKinsey who ran global ops, built top training programs, and coached 100s of consultants. MIT, CentraleSupélec alum.
- Vince (CEO) helped launch several startups at Polymath Ventures and ran multi-million dollar Future of Work transformations for F500 with McKinsey. Princeton, Harvard alum.
🚂 Our interview process (we’ll make it fun!)
- Initial call — chat about what we're both looking for
- Case solving — show us how you solve problems and lead discussions
- Reference check — 2-3 references (supervisors + peers) who can share their experience working with you
- Work together — let’s co-design a short paid period to test out how we work together
🎉 Ready to apply?
If you're excited about the position, e-mail Romain (email@example.com) with subject line: "Application for Business Operations Lead"
Please include a (1) short intro (including why you’re excited about Sparkwise) and a resume (or your LinkedIn, if it’s up to date and showcases your skills and accomplishments).
We can't wait to hear from you!