Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers , shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate our trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
We are looking for an Associate to join the Business Operations and Strategy team who will tackle cross-functional projects across Product, People, Operations, BD, Finance, and more. This position, reporting to the Head of Business Operations and Strategy, will work closely with the leadership of these teams, focusing on areas such as owning special projects, providing analytical support, and defining key metrics. Your mission is to help Embark make better, data-driven decisions across the organization.
• Work with cross-functional leadership to establish metrics and milestones and help define a strategic North Star for these teams
• Building processes within our supply chain to scale production
• Improving the efficiency of data collection from the testing of our trucks
• Forecasting and planning headcount
• Establish processes across a variety of functions to help us grow efficiently and sustainably
• 2-4 years experience in management consulting, investment banking, or business operations in tech companies and/or startups
• Proven experience working effectively in a highly cross-functional team
• An ego-free attitude that in the same day can go from presenting and interfacing with C-Suite leadership to understanding the needs of our on-the-ground operational staff
• An analytical mentality where the first instinct is to back up a case with empirical evidence
• A track record of successfully owning projects from start to finish, especially where the mandate is ambiguous and evolving
• Demonstrated curiosity with the ability to think of outside-the-box solutions to difficult problems
• SQL proficiency
• Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Embark provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
San Francisco, CA /
General and Admin – General and Admin /