Who we are:
We’re a next-generation fintech company on a mission to help our members achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions—whether that’s buying a house, starting a family, or becoming debt free. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, so they can get their money right. By joining SoFi, you’ll help shape a brighter financial future for our 1.8+ million members—using innovative, mobile-first technology to transform an industry that hasn’t changed in decades. With offices across the United States and abroad, we’re one of the fastest growing companies in fintech—offering the agility of a start-up with the stability of seasoned management and dynamic, passionate employees. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
Business Operations drives strategy and planning, business critical insights, and cross-functional execution. We’re seeking a Business Operations Associate to support SoFi’s Enterprise, Content, and Insights (ECI) team, which includes 4 high growth businesses (Relay, At Work, Lantern, Protect) and 5 functional teams (Strategic Partnerships, Affiliates, Content, Procurement, Strategic Investments). You will be a trusted partner for the ECI leadership team focusing on high-impact strategic projects, data analysis, and driving efficient processes. Business Operations works with many teams within SoFi. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic thinker who can work cross-functionally to solve complex challenges with uncertain inputs and outputs. A typical week will likely be split in two main buckets: 1) support of regular weekly / monthly / quarterly analyses and reporting in support of the businesses and 2) special projects which require strategy, analysis, financial modeling, problem-solving, cross-functional project management, and more. This role reports to the Senior Director of Business Operations, ECI.
What you’ll do:
- Support the creation, iteration and ongoing optimization of recurring weekly / monthly / quarterly reporting for the ECI businesses and functional teams
- Drive cross-functional projects and alignment with stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborate with the Data Insights team to produce data driven analyses
- Manage team performance with OKR tracking
- Produce forecasting models in support of business plans
- Coordinate with BizOps counterparts in other business units and functions on production and delivery of company-wide standardized processes such as quarterly planning and board deck preparation
- Perform ad-hoc activities as requested by the Business Unit Leads
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of work experience in a top-tier consulting firm, investment bank or high growth business in an analytical capacity
- Familiarity with financial services and/or consumer technology companies in private and/or public sector
- Hands on operational capabilities with advanced proficiency in Google suite, MS Office apps, etc.
- A clear communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Inquisitive nature, attention to detail, diligence and a good attitude
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks) SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by SoFi (“Controller”), which is located at 234 1st St, San Francisco, CA 94105 and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Controller’s data protection office can be contacted at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site.
We may have collected the following categories of Personal Information: - Identifiers, such as name, contact information, online identifiers - Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, education, employment, employment history - Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our application and interview process - Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, information relating to references, CV, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources data and data necessary for benefits and related administration services - Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics. - Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law. Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, etc. upon your voluntary disclosure.Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.