Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters— Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
We are building “the navy seals” of strategy & operations. A small team that can do everything from analysis & strategy to implementation. This small team will push each other intellectually and operationally to help push forward the most important strategic initiatives inside of Masterclass, such as international and new product expansion. In addition to partnering with the team, you will work autonomously and help drive projects with the Marketing, Business Development and Content teams and cross-functionally with Analytics, Consumer Insights, and others.
You are a good fit if you are: You are ready and excited to roll up your sleeves. We are a fast-growing, nimble organization and you will be asked to perform tasks with varying degrees of difficulty. You are prepared to perform more routine tasks on the same day that you prepare an analysisand a presentation to the executives of the company.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators - for the business overall as well as for select teams, including Marketing, Content, Business Development and others.
- Inform content planning and drive the selection of our future instructors with a combination of strategic insights, learnings from existing classes (analysis of performance, qualitative insights) and research
- Develop actionable insights to inform marketing strategy and support the optimization of our paid marketing campaigns
- Support critical company initiatives (holiday strategy, analysis for pricing optimization, international expansion, exploring a B2B offering etc.) with problem solving and actionable analytical insights; help identify opportunities to improve core business metrics and to increase efficiency to support hyper-growth
- 2+ years of experience in a highly analytical environment - top management consulting firm, investment bank or equivalent, and/or tech/ media/entertainment company
- Superb modeling skills and extensive experience conducting a quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Prior experience in Media and/or Education a plus (but not a must)
- Experience in/with Marketing in a highly analytical capacity (also a plus)
- A passion for the mission of MasterClass
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.