1+ million mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications, in-app messages, emails, and sms messages. We started as a YCombinator-backed company. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. Our customers can design banners, pop-ups, and interstitials without a single line of code.
When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you will see are push notifications - maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a football game reminder, a promo from your favorite retailer. Whatever it is, chances are the message you are reading was sent using OneSignal. Now we help businesses send over 9 billion push notifications a day.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
Over the last two years, OneSignal has grown our SaaS revenue exponentially and we’ve tripled the size of our team. We have raised a total of $34M from investors including SignalFire, Y Combinator, Rakuten Ventures, and Hubspot. OneSignal customers include Volkswagen,Verizon, Burger King, 7 Eleven, Zynga, Virgin Mobile, KFC, and many more. Join us in scaling the business!
In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating how our business is scaling and alleviating anticipated bottlenecks.
In a typical month, the Business Operations and Strategy might:
- Assist with board slides, management materials, investor materials, and potential acquisitions, etc
- Assist in our OKR process to make sure departments have the key needle movers and are cross functionally aligned
- Work on our international expansion strategy including setting up additional offices abroad (incorporation, equity structures, benefits, etc) and finding ways to support the growth of those offices. This could include working with foreign governments to evaluate business expansion incentives and in country best practices
- Take on special strategic projects to incrementally grow our business as well as evaluate and implement strategy around potential growth areas for our businessHelp to operationalize key initiatives for example incorporating email pass through into our go to market motion. Including negotiating email contracts with vendors, setting up the billing, making sure we have the right to market materials, onboarding process, SKU and metric tracking, etc.
- Automate and set up processes across the business in particular so that there are organized data flows
- Analyze data on how our business is doing and to raise issues and solutions as needed
- Assist in developing our pricing strategy
- Evaluate our pricing to optimize adoption and revenue
- Conduct pricing data analysis, gather feedback from customers and sales representatives, conduct competitive research, and evaluate our marginal costs and profitability
- Help to generate go to market strategies from key learnings.
What you'll bring:
- Technically inclined with modeling skills in Excel, ability work with SQL, knowledge of python or R preferred
- A passion for operations particularly with respect to Saas businesses is a plus
- Ability to structure complex problems and drive solutions cross-functionally in sales, marketing, finance, product, and operations
- Detail oriented and a humble personality that is willing to work on both strategic and tactical projects
- Experience in business operations, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, consulting, start-ups is a plus but not required
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness and empathy
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place in our workplace.