Trellis is Modernizing Insurance
Trellis is a venture-backed, high-growth, tech-enabled insurtech company bringing modern insurance experiences to top brands like Truebill (Rocket Mortgage), Albert, Chime, and MoneyLion.
Trellis operates 100% remote using best-in-class collaboration technologies like Zoom and Slack.
Our embedded insurance API's and technology bring the market's leading insurance products (e.g. Progressive, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, and hundreds of others) into the apps and ecosystems where customers already manage their finances.
Our proprietary software allows consumers to digitally share their existing insurance information in order to instantly review a side-by-side comparison of prospective quotes against their existing rate and coverage.
Our team of dedicated, nationally-licensed agents provide sales and service over phone, email, and SMS – enabling a truly omnichannel experience that closes the gap between online and offline.
Trellis is led by third-time a fintech entrepreneur, Daniel Demetri, who has previously founded multiple fintech and insurtech startups that now operate as publicly-traded companies.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, such as General Catalyst, QED Investors, and NYCA Partners.
Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try out a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
About The Role
Trellis is looking for a talented Business Operations (“BizOps”) & Finance Associate to join our team and help take the company to the next level. The opportunity is perfect for someone who wants to make the switch to startups from consulting or banking, or is an experienced BizOps generalist looking for their next role.
The BizOps & Finance Associate is mission critical and will focus on making Trellis run hyper-efficiently while pushing forward strategic initiatives. This role will create real, tangible value inside a rapidly growing business.
You’ll identify opportunities to improve our core operating processes and implement solutions. You’ll partner cross-functionally to lead special projects with our People, Sales & Marketing, Product or Consumer Operations teams. And finally, you’ll support me, (Scott, Trellis’ VP Finance), on strategic and operational finance.
We’re looking for a gritty, resourceful problem solver who wants to be in the trenches at a leading startup. And if you like to nerd out on auto & home insurance that certainly doesn’t hurt.
In this role, expect to
- Deliver on strategic, cross-functional initiatives by partnering with teams like people ops, consumer ops, product or affiliate partnerships
- Contribute to strategic finance and FP&A efforts like investor relations, forecasting, financial reporting and KPI definition & tracking
- Simplify and automate mission-critical core processes that keep us running like employee onboarding, compliance and payroll
To succeed in this role, you have
- 2-4+ years of professional experience in a high performance environment
- Consulting, investment banking, or BizOps experience at an early stage startup are excellent foundations
- Systems thinking: You can break down how things are done to identify pain points and implement solutions with consideration for the effects on related systems & stakeholders
- MVP process orientation: You seek out opportunities to implement lightweight processes that simplify and accelerate routine operations
- Analytical mindset: You’re comfortable carrying out data & financial analyses and synthesizing results for key stakeholders
- Attention to detail: You’re thorough, capturing small but important details when completing projects or tasks
- Stakeholder management: You can project manage a cross-functional team, including clear and concise communication that keeps stakeholders aligned
- Roll up your sleeves mentality: We’re a remote company, but we all help sweep the floors. You’re not above doing the unglamorous work that still needs to get done
Nice to have, but not essential
- Startup and insurance experience are nice, but not required – if you’re curious, humble and hard working you will excel in this role
Last thing. Don’t include a cover letter. Instead, in the "Anything else we should know?" section, tell me in 5 sentences or less what gets you excited about this role along with your favorite kind of pizza.
Trellis is a fantastic place to work
- Our #1 perk will always be our talented, passionate team that we call friends, mentors, and colleagues
- Best-in-class technology and culture dedicated to unlocking your life's best work
- 75th-percentile (competitive!) compensation
- 100% remote work environment
- Clear, flat, transparent culture; get in at the ground floor and be a true business partner
- Quarterly, fun team bonding events
- Budget for home office equipment
- Annual in-person company event
Trellis Additionally Offers Competitive Benefits
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Stock options with tremendous upside potential.