Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Operator Partners and Wonder Ventures.
About the Role
The Business Operations Analyst plays a critical role in investigating and solving problems across the organization using data, process improvement and technology. This role will focus on areas like Fulfillment, Logistics, Customer Experience, Seller Support and Verification with their day to day data needs and long term process improvement projects.
A deeply analytical individual who enjoys getting their hands dirty. Someone who loves to get to the bottom of a problem through root cause analysis. A fast learner and mover who can operate across multiple business units. Someone looking to advance their career by making key contributions to a hyper-growth startup.
- Own the buildout of insightful dashboards covering key performance metrics across various departments and initiatives.
- Identify and support project rollouts for new tools and process changes to increase the efficiency of our Operations organization.
- Collaborate with management to improve systems and supply chain efficiency.
- Proactively identify, scope, and gain alignment on operational improvements that support our vision.
- Provide tools to operations management and process managers to detect problem areas in real time; take timely action when problems occur.
- Create key metrics and utilize data to make informed decisions.
- Analyze current processes, recommend solutions, and implement strategies to help the business grow and scale.
- Provide oversight of established business processes to assess effectiveness and impact.
- Develop SOPs and/or training materials to support efficient and safe operations as the business scales.
- Train, mentor and occasionally lead team members on projects, new process or operational metrics.
- 4 year degree from a top tier University/College. MBA is a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of experience. Consulting and/or Start Up experience preferred. Operations, Supply Chain or Finance background.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems using data and process improvement.
- History of delivering results and solutions on tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working in unfamiliar areas with minimal direction. Understanding of Technology, Ecom and Marketplace operations.
- Data skills (SQL, Excel, Python, etc) are a plus.
- Knowledge of Collectibles is a plus.
- Desire to enhance your career.
Top-quality healthcare benefits, generous parental leave, unlimited vacation policy, lunch, internet & cell phone expensed, competitive salary, equity.