Business Operations Analyst
at Stitch Fix (View all jobs)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Business Operations Analyst, Ops Strategy will contribute to the overall effectiveness & efficiency of our Warehouse Operations team (Ops) by supporting the Ops Strategy team with reporting and analysis. Reporting to the Manager of Network Strategy, you will work closely with the Ops team, Finance, and cross-functional partners across the organization.
The Operations Strategy team owns financial forecasting, fulfilment center labor and capacity planning , and works cross-functionally to turn data into action. You will partner with Ops leadership to support the rapid and sustainable growth of our seven node fulfilment center network.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with a strong analytical background who loves solving operational problems across a broad spectrum of disciplines and wants the opportunity to have an impact on a growing organization.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Develop planning models for Ops that balance customer demand, efficiency, and warehouse requirements for business planning and financial forecasting
- Work closely with the Finance team to support budgeting & monthly reconciliations
- Complete root-cause analysis to determine reasons behind issues and recommend counter-measures to improve operational efficiency
- Provide ad hoc reporting and insights to the Ops team to support ROI analysis on upcoming initiatives & monitor performance of efforts
- Communicate trends, risks and recommendations clearly to Ops Leadership, in order to adjust operational strategies real-time and enhance the effectiveness of the organization
- Champion and embody the Stitch Fix culture, mission, and values
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE...
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, finance, or a related field
- You have 2-4 years of work experience in analytical role
- You have the ability to research and analyze large amounts of data using excel, with great attention to detail
- You have experience with SQL or a data visualization tool (Looker/Tableau/PowerBI etc. preferred)
- You are proactive, like to work in a fast-paced environment, have great attention to detail and are a strong communicator
- You have experience with retail or e-commerce (preferred)
- You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and can work cross-functionally
- You are a focused, organized, and results driven individual
- You believe in our mission of helping our clients to look, feel and be their best selves
- You are able to work full time in the Stitch Fix HQ office based in San Francisco
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE...
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
ABOUT STITCH FIX
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO VALUE AND WILL SUPPORT A FRIENDLY, TEAM-ORIENTED AND DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN PRIOR TO COMMENCING EMPLOYMENT.