BizOps Senior Manager
Your work days are brighter here.
At Workday, it all began with a conversation over breakfast. When our founders met at a sunny California diner, they came up with an idea to revolutionize the enterprise software market. And when we began to rise, one thing that really set us apart was our culture. A culture which was driven by our value of putting our people first. And ever since, the happiness, development, and contribution of every Workmate is central to who we are. Our Workmates believe a healthy employee-centric, collaborative culture is the essential mix of ingredients for success in business. That’s why we look after our people, communities and the planet while still being profitable. Feel encouraged to shine, however that manifests: you don’t need to hide who you are. You can feel the energy and the passion, it's what makes us unique. Inspired to make a brighter work day for all and transform with us to the next stage of our growth journey? Bring your brightest version of you and have a brighter work day here.
About The Team
The Business Operations aka “BizOps” function is responsible for translating Workday’s strategy into successful execution across the company, delivering high priority strategic initiatives and building operational capabilities to support Workday’s growth. The BizOps team partners closely with Workday’s executives and cross-functional leaders on a range of critical priorities with a relentless focus on ensuring success outcomes on Workday’s top strategic goals and growth ambition.
About The Role
As a BizOps Manager, you will play a highly visible role in executing on our mandate of operationalizing Workday’s strategy and ensuring effective execution across the company. You will partner with leaders across different functions including product, sales, marketing, services, etc., to identify and drive alignment on key initiatives to achieve growth ambitions in prioritized market segments and strategic focus areas. You will help define the right structure, governance, and metrics to drive executional certainty and accountability for strategic initiatives. You will leverage data-driven insights to understand key drivers of business performance, and surface gaps and opportunities to our executive leadership.
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders on defining strategic initiatives to achieve growth ambition in prioritized focus areas, proactively identifying potential opportunities, gaps, needs, and actions to address
- Drive strategic initiatives in collaboration with senior management, managing end-to-end accountability from vision through planning and impact. Raise and track issues, remove barriers, resolve issues, and escalate to appropriate levels when required
- Build business cases and develop metrics to track progress in collaboration with functional stakeholders (e.g., Finance, Sales, Product teams)
- Perform objective data-driven analysis to understand key drivers of business performance and identify gaps or opportunities to accelerate growth
- Parachute in to tackle urgent and hard business problems as part of “SWAT team”
- Present findings, recommendations, and initiative health to executive and senior management.
Preferred Candidate Profile
This role may be a great fit if you have a highly analytical background and are interested in joining a Growth Tech leader. This is an ideal opportunity for a collaborative, data-driven problem solver with a proven ability to establish credibility at the executive level and across functions while driving decisions to move forward.
Given the senior-level stakeholders and varied nature of initiatives, you must possess exceptional qualitative & quantitative analytical problem solving, executive written & verbal communication, and project management & coordination skills. While being an expert in all functions (e.g., Product, Sales, Finance) is not required, you’ll need to demonstrate the confidence, resourcefulness, adaptability, and flexibility needed to manage effectively engage a diverse set of stakeholders to advise and advance programs to achieve the desired business outcomes. You’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity and operating in a fast-paced environment with rapidly evolving priorities.
- Experienced data-driven problem-solver able to both delve into the details and operational tactics and engage meaningfully on the big picture or overall strategy.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges, with ability to be relentless and collaborative – ensuring that debates and discussions not only lead to good outcomes for all involved, but also set a positive tone for cross-functional teams
- Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
- Strong presence and interpersonal skills to interact and influence teams, executives, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Ability to identify dependencies between complex processes/programs/projects and determine impact.
- Creative problem solver with a bias for action, understanding the value of structure while balancing the need for agility and innovation within that framework.
- Six years of total professional experience with growing levels of responsibility and proven track record of leading cross-functional projects.
- Prior experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, product strategy, product management, strategic finance or business operations in tech companies
- Top-tier undergraduate and Master’s degrees (MBA preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to distill complex thoughts into simple, actionable recommendations; strong presence in front of senior executives
- Experience with an enterprise software company a plus but not required; prior understanding of software industry, key functions (e.g., GTM, CX), and metrics desired
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.
Workday Pay Transparency Statement
The base pay range for the primary location of this job is listed below. Workday pay ranges vary based on work location. As a part of the total compensation package, this role may be eligible for the Workday Bonus Plan or a role-specific commission/bonus, as well as annual refresh stock grants. Recruiters can share more detail during the hiring process. Each candidate’s compensation offer will be based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, geography, experience, skills, future potential and internal pay parity. For more information regarding Workday’s comprehensive benefits, please click here.
Primary Location: USA.CA.Pleasanton
Base Pay Min to Max Range: $145,800 - $218,800
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!