Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We've raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
Mighty Buildings is looking for an experienced Business Operations Associate to analyze the critical business data, draw insight and support the leadership team to make critical business decisions. The analyses and strategies will be a crucial part to enable Mighty Buildings' business and bring our innovative 3D printing construction solution to the communities in specific geographic regions globally.
In this role, you will work closely with the leadership team to define critical business problems, analyze the data from internal and external resources, develop strategic recommendations, and track the implementation of the strategy. You will also collaborate with Business Development, Product Development, Finance, R&D, and Operations teams to understand Mighty Buildings' business and technologies to develop strategic insight. You will publish regular reports of the critical metrics to improve the transparency and awareness of our performance.
The bottom line, you will be responsible for identifying critical business issues and developing strategic recommendations with a data-driven approach.
This position may be based either in our Oakland, CA office or Remote in the US.
- Identify critical business issues and develop strategic recommendations with a data-driven approach.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders of Mighty Buildings.
- Design strategies for performing business analysis to support Mighty Buildings' strategic goals, such as growth, cost optimization, and sustainability improvement.
- Manage Mighty Buildings' "Single source of truth" cost, labor, and CO2 database; publish a monthly report with the latest progress, risk, and opportunities, as well as a roadmap.
- Gather market intelligence to build up a benchmark database for the critical business metrics and assist the functional teams to make timely decisions with the data.
- Develop tools to enable the business needs of the functional teams, such as Business Development and Supply Chain.
- Analyze business requirements and design new processes to meet the needs.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and business intelligence support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, or other quantitative fields of study.
- 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, strategy/biz ops, or financial analyst at a high-growth technology company.
- Robust quantitative and analytical skills including command of Microsoft Excel Experience, Google Docs, Numbers, Smartsheets, Notion, etc.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, adapt to changes and bring clarity to the team.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance to execute agreed-upon project deliverables.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced startup culture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across formats (email, slides, dashboards).
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all stakeholder needs.
- Team player with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders from different functions and backgrounds.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%.
- MBA or Master of data science/engineering.
- 5 or more years of experience in the strategic/analytical field.
- Experience in real estate, construction, and manufacturing.