Harness is an award-winning, SaaS / Fintech startup located in Tampa, Florida, and currently expanding with remote employees around the globe. Since we were founded in 2016, we have raised hundreds of millions for thousands of high-impact nonprofit partners.
In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 50 bold, passionate, and kind team members. We’d love to talk to you about joining the adventure on our fast-growing team.
Harness is looking to add a Biz Ops Analyst to help support the mission of harnessing financial services for the good of society. The BizOps Analyst will serve as the right hand for Harness executive teams. The BizOps Analyst will work across both the Merchant/NGO practice as well as the Financial Services practice.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders—business unit executives, finance, and product development teams—to realize the value of strategic initiatives
- Help define the strategy for both Financial Services & Merchant/NGO business lines.
- Work with Sr. leadership to implement the sales and customer success strategy
- Lead organizational & executive rhythms, run point on cross-company special projects and be the driver behind the executive team operations. Project-managing cross-team initiatives
- Work closely with the executive team to help develop strategic plans, drive alignment and ensure communication throughout the organization
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information to facilitate efficient decision making
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations
- Development of Competitive Intelligence mapping and Inside Out/Outside In analysis by product
- Review data for accuracy and create required reporting to manage the data. Manage team budgets, projections, and long term plans
- Establishing and refining best practices for their team of over 50 people
- Flag blind spots and work to address blind spots. Whatever else you think will add value
You'll do well in this role if this describes you:
- Ability to develop strategic and tactical business plans to drive positive results
- Is deeply analytical, comfortable navigating data, and working in ambiguity
- Excellent research, problem-solving, and analytical skills, including excellent PowerPoint and Excel capabilities, with strong business judgment
- Ability to synthesize information quickly and present insights to senior management
- Ability to be a team player with experience working both in teams and as an individual contributor
- Demonstrates significant attention to detail and is an exceptional project manager, with a proven capacity to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives, cross-functionally in an organization at a global scale
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external groups to solve problems and provide thought leadership
- 2+ Years experience in Financial Services or relevant experience in Consulting, Customer Success, Account Management, or similar roles
- Fundamental background in project management. Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Bachelors degree with equivalent and relevant experience and/or finance, operations management
- Strong oral and written communication skills - Written communications critical
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- 3+ years of total experience in management/strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate development, corporate strategy, or other related roles
- An MBA would be advantageous but is not an essential requirement