Airline Technical Operations Chief of Staff
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Digital Aviation Solutions (DAS) is seeking an Airline Technical Operations (Tech Ops) Chief of Staff in Englewood, Colorado (preferred location) or Plano TX or Seattle WA. DAS offers more than 80 digital solutions that save customers time, money, and resources in every phase of flight. These software and data analytics powered solutions help customers navigate and operate more efficiently, reduce fuel consumption, optimize crew utilization, minimize disruption impact and increase asset availability.
As the Airline Tech Ops Chief of Staff, you will be a part of the Airline Tech Ops leadership team within the commercial aviation line of business for DAS and report to the executive director of the Digital Tech Ops Portfolio. Your priority will be to support our mission to integrate world-class analytics, software, and services into digital solutions that drive value for the maintenance and engineering needs of our airline customers.
Our Airline Tech Ops team is a global team spanning multiple countries. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to be agile, inclusive, and build positive relationships on a multicultural team. The successful candidate will also have strong leadership skills, excellent program and project management skills, a bias toward action, and proven ability to simplify complex and challenging business landscapes.
- Defines, leads, and continually improves the Airline Tech ops organizational processes and operating cadence
- Drives execution of strategic business initiatives, engaging a global and cross-functional team
- Identifies and mitigates risks and opportunities against Tech Ops portfolio plans
- Oversees, develops, coordinates, integrates, analyzes, and maintains integrated plans and schedules for the Tech Ops portfolio
- Recommends integrated software planning, scheduling, change and baseline management, processes, techniques, and tools based on software industry best practices
- Engages with key stakeholders and manages internal partnerships with organizations across the Boeing enterprise
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite in one of the posted locations. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5 or more years program and project management experience
- 5 or more years of experience working in a software product organization
- 5 or more years of experience creating and delivering presentations to executives
- Experience leading programs or projects on a geographically distributed team
- Experience developing organizational processes and operating cadences
- Travel will be required and is estimated to be at 10-20%
- Flexible work hours will be required as you will be meeting with stakeholders in multiple time zones
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Prior experience in a Chief of Staff, Software Business Operations, or similar role
- Demonstrated understanding of the aviation industry and airline operations
- Familiarity with Digital Aviation Solutions products and services
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+13 years' related work experience, 19 years' related work experience, etc.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
“At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $141,950.00-$192,050.00
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.