Ranked among the largest accounting and consulting firms in the country, Cherry Bekaert delivers innovative and sophisticated advisory, assurance, and tax services to our clients. We are looking for a Chief of Staff to join our Advisory service line leadership team and provide strategic support and guidance to our key projects and initiatives. You will be responsible for overseeing the operations of our service line, ensuring alignment with our business goals and objectives, and facilitating cross-functional collaboration and communication.
As a Chief of Staff, you will work closely with the Advisory Managing Partner and other senior leaders to plan, execute, and monitor the progress of our service line’s activities. The Advisory service line comprises a portfolio of over 20 service offerings with varying business models and metrics. You will also act as a liaison between the service line and other internal and external stakeholders, such as clients, partners, vendors, and corporate functions. You will help identify and resolve issues, manage risks, optimize resources, and drive continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong background in consulting or advisory services, with proven experience in managing complex projects and operations. You should also have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills, as well as the ability to influence and motivate others. More specifically, success in this role requires navigating through the complexity presented by a wide range of leverage models, pricing, standardized work processes, offshoring, and capacity management requirements to drive gross profit in ways that optimize enterprise value. To this end, you should be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment – and speak authoritatively on behalf of the Advisory Managing Partner.
As the Advisory Chief of Staff you will:
- Collaborate with the Advisory Managing Partner, other senior leaders to determine and prioritize the service line’s strategies, goals, and objectives
- Oversee the operations of the Advisory service line as a whole – and the 20+ portfolio offerings -- ensuring alignment with the service line’s vision, mission, values, and standards, working in close collaboration with Finance, People & Culture, and Growth team
- Improve profitability by driving accountability and oversight to process standardization and offshoring initiatives across the Advisory services offerings, maximizing leverage and arbitrage through the firm’s Global Shared Services (GSS) capabilities including India
- Work with Advisory and Finance leadership to develop standard engagement leverage and profitability expectations and models resulting in consistent execution and profitability across offerings
- Help drive use of technology, automation and artificial intelligence to improve service offerings, execution and profitability
- Assist Advisory leadership, Finance, and People & Culture in enhancing defined promotion criteria and performance expectations of Advisory personnel at each level
- Provide oversight to resource management personnel in proper allocation/assignment of talent and assist in determining recruiting goals
- Support Advisory leadership in working with Growth leadership to develop and drive selected “big lane” service delivery opportunities for our Core Market clients, optimizing growth and profitability through pricing models and delivery efficiencies
- Support Advisory leadership in working with Growth leadership to measure and monitor pipeline, growth, and profitability of large Enterprise Market clients
- Coordinate and facilitate cross-functional meetings and workshops, preparing agendas, materials, minutes, and action items
- Monitor and report on the performance and progress of the service line’s projects and initiatives, identifying risks, issues, dependencies, and opportunities
- Provide recommendations and consultation to the service line leaders and teams on best practices, processes, tools, and methodologies
- Support service line business development activities, such as proposal development, contract negotiation, client relationship management, and stakeholder engagement
- Assist the People & Culture department with workforce planning, talent acquisition, retention, development, and performance management for the service line
- Manage the service line’s budget, financials, resources, and assets
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the quality, efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation of the service line
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field; Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience in consulting or advisory services including at least 5 years’ experience in a leadership or management role required
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and operations in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written/presentation), with the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences at different levels
- High emotional intelligence (EQ), with the ability to build trustful relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Proactive attitude (self-starter/initiative-taker), with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Flexible mindset (adaptable/agile), with the ability to embrace change and ambiguity
- Creative mindset (innovative/entrepreneurial), with the ability to generate new ideas and solutions
What you can expect from us:
- Our shared values that foster inclusion and belonging including uncompromising integrity, collaboration, trust, and mutual respect
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
- A collaborative environment focused on enabling you to further your career growth and continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work
- Opportunities to connect and learn from professionals from different backgrounds and with different cultures
About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. “Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit cbh.com/disclosure.
Cherry Bekaert cares about our people. We offer competitive compensation packages based on performance that recognize the value our people bring to our clients and our Firm. The salary range for this position is $250,000 to $400,000. Individual salaries within this range are determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geographic location. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes annual bonus, medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at cbh.com/careers and follow us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
© 2023 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.